Forbes recently named Dallas 21st in its America’s 25 Best Performing Cities in 2014 ranking and Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio all made another Forbes list- The 20 Fastest Growing Cities in America. We love living here and it seems we aren’t alone! Texas has become a hot spot for job growth, low taxes, good schools, affordable homes, sophisticated yet boisterous culture, and great people.
Can Dallas/Fort Worth and its sister cities sustain all this business growth? It’s natural to feel a little resentful, like when your favorite divey taco joint suddenly becomes the hottest ticket in town, but just because a market is saturated doesn’t mean you can’t be successful. Saturation means there’s definitely a strong demand for your product or service.
All your business has to do now is stand out from the competition. Creative web design can be one of your most powerful tools in wooing a customer away from a rival. Here’s a few tips:
- Make sure your site is well-organized and has plenty of white space so viewers aren’t overwhelmed.
- Use info-graphics, charts and diagrams when presenting data.
- Use large-sized, easy to read fonts.
- Pick an optimal color scheme, with contrasting colors to stimulate the eye.
- Use compelling images – it’s worth the money to invest in professional photography.
- Make your site interactive – Use hover items to make your menus more creative. Consider adding a forum or enabling comments, or have a live chat with staff option, quizzes or polls.
- Have an experienced professional generate content for your pages. Direct them to write with engaging phrases and use Google’s Keyword Tool to pick the best SEO keywords for your industry.
- Make your site user-friendly, with intuitive navigation from page to page.
- Icons, Contact Us and Submit buttons can be ugly and utilitarian – make them creative and a visitor will notice.
- Promote your social media profiles.
- Use your blog to share the kind of up close and personal stories and value added articles that people love to read.
- Design your website to be responsive to the browser it’s being viewed in – your page will look different in Chrome, Firefox, or a mobile device, and you want to make sure it remains spectacular in all formats.
Ardent Creative knows Dallas/Fort Worth is a special place to live and work, and we want to help your business stand out in all its glory! Contact us to see what we can do for you and get a free quote.