Summary of Position:
Ardent is looking for an IT Developer to assist staff with IT issues (basic computer problems and printer issues) as well as respond to server outages and work with server hardware. The IT Developer will work alongside other developers in the office to learn development and help with any development projects that are currently in progress. This person will do development for internal projects at Ardent. The IT Developer will also manage hosting environments we currently have and work with other staff to make sure things are set up properly.
This position is a mentoring position that will involve learning development on the job, but the primary position will be that of an IT person. Any development tasks assigned will not be mission critical and will need to be ignored in favor of IT needs.
Because this is a combination position, IT work will be minimal. There will be times when it ramps ups, but for the most part it will be monitoring and maintaining. Ardent is a growing business that needs someone who can handle the day to day IT needs of the staff but who also wants to learn how to do development.
- Be of good character
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn new skills and processes
- Must enjoy working with people
- Be passionate about development
- Adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative and a positive approach to problem solving
- Ability to utilize all hardware, software and peripheral elements of a desktop computer workstation for a minimum of eight (8) hours, daily, for five (5) days in a row (a standard workweek).
- Ability to use a telephone multiple times throughout a workday to verbally communicate with clients.
- Ability to work well with other staff, vendors and clients in a collaborative and professional environment.
- Understand how to work in and troubleshoot all major operating systems including Linux environments.
- Know how to operate CLI in all major operating system environments including Linux environments.
- Know how to troubleshoot problems with the following:
- Computer hardware
- Computer software
- Web Services in Linux environments
- Networking equipment
- Basic web development knowledge in the following areas:
- Low-level HTML
- Low-level CSS
Tip the Scale:
- Docker experience
- Server Side Language experience
- ZFS experience
- LDAP experience
- Watchguard Router experience